Sunday, January 31, 2010

1001 Arabian Nights, The Odyssey, Book I

Once I heard that we were going to read "1001 Arabian Nights” the first thing that came into my head was the movie Aladdin. I used to watch this movie all the time when I was younger because my sister thought Aladdin was the cutest prince in all of the Disney movies. Since I knew so much about Aladdin and how the Arabians are portrayed within that movie, I thought it would be really interesting to read about how they have changed over time. Once I got done reading “Book I” and the excerpt from “The Odyssey,” I wondered why we were reading them together. I then thought back to the readings previous to these and realized they were all talking about some sort of God, goddess, or a high power. All of these readings started to connect together by religion and why people believe in and follow the bible so much within their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment