Sunday, January 31, 2010

"The Odyssey," 1001 Arabian Nights," and "The Pillow Book"

When first asked to read these three readings, I thought they seemed as if they had no correlation to each other. In "The Odyssey," I first thought it was hard to read, but as I kept going, eventually I found I was very intrigued by the way it was written. It took me a little bit longer to get through it, but as the reading came to an end, I wanted to keep going, because of the interest it gave me. After reading "The Pillow Book," it gave me a total different feeling. It felt more as if it was journal, giving the reader an observation of different things. I thought this reading had a better flow, which made it easier to read and understand. I noticed "1001 Nights" and "The Odyssey" both had God-like issues and that they went a long with the first two readings we had to do. Overall, I thought the readings for this week was a lot more interesting than last weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment