Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"Culture and Anarchy" and "Literature"

Arnold piece "Culture and Anarchy" was, as like the majority, not something that could hold my attention enough to fully grasp. I understand that there is a clear relationship between culture and perfection in the world. I feel like there was a strong correlation being demonstrated between literature, and the ability to obtain perfection through knowledge of culture. As for “Literature” there were some parts that I did find to be interesting. I never really thought that were could be such a history and background to literature. I enjoyed when it was pointed out that literature could be viewed differently in terms of different pieces, such as poetry, or the role that reading plays in the definition of literature. Though the piece was not one of my favorites, I did find a few statements that spoke to me enough to keep me interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment