Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"Literature", "Culture and Anarchy"

I, as many appeared to have, found "Culture and Anarchy" to be difficult to read and initially rather abrassive. However, after finishing the text and continuing on with "Liturature" I began to think that both of these authors were both convincingly making the point that literature and society evolve together, and that literature has the power to influence culture, and vise versa. The religious references in "Culture and Anarchy" made it harder to gather a message from it without the knowledge of the various sects. However, with careful reading, I think I did eventually gain an understanding of the text. I found it interesting that "Literature" touched on how the definition of the word continues to change as technology changes the way we recive information, and that that definition has had to change repeatedly since its inception.

No comments:

Post a Comment