Sunday, January 31, 2010

Homer, 1001 nights, pillow book

The first thing that really jumped out at me from the reading, is the beautiful way that Homer is written. Not only in the word choices, but in the overall appearance. I really enjoy that it is not the normal line, paragraph, period composition. The pillow book reading, is so descriptive, it really puts you in the story. "Especially delightful is the first day of the month, when the mists so often shroud the sky." The language used throughout the story is so inspiring. It just is amazing to just think its one person detailing their life, I know for a fact that journals I have kept were no where near as well written. The other two readings were telling the reader a story which kept me interested. However, I will say I appreciated the "journal form" of the pillow book the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment