Sunday, May 2, 2010

Flauxus

This week we had to read Flauxus by Hannah Higgins. After I started to read it, I realized that I started to look at art in a different way. When I look at art in a normal museum, I think of sculptures and different paintings or pictures. When I think of Flauxs art, I think of it as a having a physical effect on the person looking at it rather than an emotional attachment or connection. I feel like this was a very interesting piece to read because I was able to think of art differently then I did before. But, I did have a hard time connecting this book to something else that we’ve read in class so far this semester. The only thing I could really find was early on in the semester when we read about art and how people look at it and how everybody has their own interpretations.

No comments:

Post a Comment