Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fluxus

I will have to agree with many of my classmates and say that before this class I had never heard of the term Fluxus. I was surprised at this because I had taken a lot of art classes in high school and never once had I heard this term. I did however study the 60s and 70s art movements and we did concentrate on some Andy Warhol pieces. I think it's very interesting how art in general evokes certain emotions in certain people and to others it could just be a canvas with paint hanging on a wall or a chair sitting in the middle of a room. The idea that art is sort of whatever you make it, ties directly into all the discussions we've had this semester on the concept of "what is literature" this concept intrigued me so much that I decided to do my creative project on it and I'm glad that the discussions of fluxus art are tying in so nicely with that concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment