Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Countering and My Emily Dickinson

Today, we had to read Countering in the book called, Rewriting and the second half of My Emily Dickinson. My Emily Dickinson was still pretty hard for me to fully understand and I found myself re-reading a lot of sentences that I just read. I believe that if I had a bigger interest in poetry and knowing more about it, this read would have been easier to understand. Being able to discuss this book more fully in class has helped me understand what I didn’t when I was reading it. I found it interesting when he talks about what countering means and how everyone has their own definition of it. Everyone has their own opinions and thoughts of what countering means and they all use it differently in their writings.

No comments:

Post a Comment