Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ways Of Seeing/ Coming To Terms

I found it interesting in "Ways of Seeing" when he was discussing the difference between an original piece of art compared to a replica, or re-print. When it comes to film it's usually the case that the original is far superior to the remake. As for painted pieces it's harder to tell. With a re-print you get the same feeling of the painting but I do believe there is a different feeling when you see the original. I also found it interesting how he described the camera as being able to portray multiple perspectives. I guess I always new paintings and drawings just show one perspective but I didn't really realize it fully. In the chapter "Coming To Terms" Harris talks about when we write we want to pick out the most vital parts of the reading at hand but still summarize what the author was trying to say concisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment