Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sonnets

So i've never really gotten poetry before other than knowing that it usually rhymes. I didn't know what to expect from these and I was a bit nervous because poetry is not quite my cup of tea. Also I was nervous because usually poetry is written in english that is hard to understand and in my opinion a very dry read. After reading through the first few sonnets I thought about why we were reading these and to my understanding I assumed that this is to broaden our reading throughout this course and to maybe interest some people in the class. I personally am not a fan of this kind of old english language and poetry so this week is probably going to be hard for me, but I'm hoping with talking through the poems and discussing them with the other students i will get a better understanding of them and maybe even learn to like poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment