Sunday, February 28, 2010

Things fall apart

This weeks reading was very different from what we have been reading in the past weeks. It was a nice change of pace to read a book that seemed more comfortable to me. It was a little difficult for me to connect with this book like I normally tend to do with books because the cultural differences were so great however I did find it interesting to read about this village and their cultural differences. I have read many different books about many different cultures and this one seemed to bring a different perspective on a culture. I like that Okonkwo is trying to resist the urge to change his culture, and stay true to it. I'm interested to see if Okonkwo decides to stay true to his original beliefs, or decides to evolve and adapt to the new changes that are beginning to take place.

No comments:

Post a Comment