Monday, February 15, 2010

Sonnets

This week, it was interesting comparing the sonnets between Shakespeare and Ted Berrigan. Today in class, we learned that a sonnet is a rhyming scheme. When in grade school, I also learned that most sonnets have an ABAB pattern; this is the way that I was taught to write sonnets. I don’t really understand poetry very often because I haven’t learned much about it. I do like reading Shakespeare’s sonnets but it is sometimes hard to understand what he is trying to say. I really liked reading Ted Berrigan’s sonnets because it was almost like reading a story and they all connected throughout them all. This week’s talk about sonnets and poetry will be hard because it isn’t my favorite thing in the world and it is hard for me to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment