Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sonnets

Throughout my English Courses in High School and College, I have had to a good share of poetry. Poetry is one thing about English that gives me a lot of interest. I love how there are many types and forms of it and because of that there are different ways to express yourself. I have had to do some Shakespeare reading from my past courses, so getting this assignment was nice because it was a familiarity. However, with reading his poems, I always found it rather difficult to fully understand what he is saying. I do get a general idea, but because of the old English, it definitely makes it more time consuming.
The difference between Shakespeare's poems to Berrigan's poems was that Berrigans didn't have as much flow and Shakespeare's. However, I thought that Berrigan's was a lot easier to understand and I liked how in some of his poems he was repetitive. It gave a immense difference in poetry after reading Shakespeare's.

No comments:

Post a Comment