Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dickinson and Stein

When we had the first class, we talked about who has read “My Emily Dickinson” before in high school because I guess it’s a very popular book for high school students to read. My high school had very good English teachers but when it came to curriculum, it wasn’t the strongest. I have never read “My Emily Dickinson” before but I have heard of it. What caught my attention the most was her basis religion and having her put it into her writing. Without this, I couldn’t really pay attention to the book much. It was easy to read because of the rhyming scheme but over all it was hard to keep my attention. I found that Howe and Stein had very similar writing styles even though they are two completely different women. Personally, these two readings were much easier then Shakespeare.

No comments:

Post a Comment