Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Emily Dickinson and Countering

For our next class we read the last part of My Emily Dickinson and the chapter Countering in Rewriting. In the countering chapter I found it interesting the way that Harris explains countering and the differences of peoples definitions and what it means in writing. I am interested in seeing how the others in class took this chapter. In the rest of My Emily Dickinson i actually understood some of what Howe was talking about because of our discussion in class. I was in the group talking about her madness and I was interested in seeing what else if anything was mentioned about this. I still do not like or understand poetry fully, but I will be able to get through this week with the discussions we have in class because they help me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment