Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sonnets

This was a dramatic change in pace for the weekly readings for me. I found it rather difficult to maintain my focus through some of the sonnets. Sometimes I felt like I wasn't using enough imagination, and other times I felt like I was thinking too hard and letting my imagination get the best of me. I do however, enjoy how sometimes you feel like you're being dragged along until the very end when all of the sudden the very last part ties you in and it all makes sense. I felt like that with a lot of the sonnets in Ted Berrigan's book. I found those to be much easier to relate to and a little easier to read than the Shakespeare ones. I liked the edge that a lot of the Ted Berrigan sonnets had, it is not something that I am used to be assigned to read. I like that this is acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment