Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Pillow Book, S/Z, and Rewriting

I thoroughly enjoyed the way the observations were documented through the literature in second excerpt of “The Pillow Book”. Coming back to the idea of what literature is, I really think that this reinforces the boundaries are endless; in a sense that she is just taking the simplest of observations and turning it into literature. This breaks the idea all previous notions I had of what literature really is; and I enjoy it. The readings which followed “The Pillow Book” were not as enjoyable. To me “S/Z” really just reinforced the relationship between an author and the reader, as well as the practice or repetition between writing and reading involving literature. It was rather boring. Reading through the introduction to “Rewriting” was rather obvious; just a quick idea of what is to follow when learning how to better ourselves as a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment