Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Activist and Calvino

I feel like every piece that I read this semester breaks all previous views of what I understood and was taught literature to be. After reading The Activist as well as everyone's blog posts, and the Calvino piece, I really feel like maybe society just expects too much from an author. I know I say it a lot, but everything that I think about I relate it to autism. What if the author intended the reader to not following what they were writing? What if the author knows that what they are writing only makes sense to them in their head and they're okay with that? A lot of times with autistic people, they just don't think about things the way most people do. It is different and they are just okay with that. Why can't most readers just accept a piece the way it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment