Sunday, April 11, 2010

Concepts

This weeks readings were extremely interesting to me. Like the past few weeks, emphasis was put on process, which is fascinating. The piece on "uncreative writing" opened my mind about what authors think of their work. The concept of the idea is far more important than the actual writing is somewhat foreign to me. I understand that the idea is the basis and if it is a profound or good idea then it lends itself to being readable. However, it's great to think of writing as just a process to actualize ideas.

Wagner's writing is one of my favorite pieces this semester. With the introduction to it being about process, I was wondering how she came up with some of the phrases or shifts she did. I thought she was refreshing and not too linear to become monotonous.

No comments:

Post a Comment