Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Activist

The second half of The Activist seemed almost more confusing than the first half. The format seemed to change a little; towards the end, the poetry made it difficult to determine who was narrarting/thinking and when. Also, there were short prashes with periods at the end and statements with question marks-it all made it sort of hard to follow. By the end of the book, I was so caught up in trying to figure out who was narrating that I couldn't tell you what was going on and/or the purpose of this book. I think the paranoia that disturbed the activists so much was twisted into the book so much that even the reader becomes paranoid trying to establish what is real vs. unreal. Finally, I noticed that the missing bridge that was the focal point of the first half of the book faded and turned into missing towers-the towers and the President's declare on war reminded me of 9.11.

No comments:

Post a Comment