Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Activist

The Activist by Renee Gladman has a unique structure to how it was written. Reading it was rather easy; however, I wasn’t able to follow everything that they were talking about so I had to reread certain parts. This reminds me of how news stories are written. As soon as a news worthy event breaks, journalists try to report it and get the story out as fast as they can, hence the quick read. The dialogue was hard to differentiate who was speaking. What I found also interesting was how each chapter was distinguishable by the way it was written. The “Top of the Hour” chapter was written like a newspaper with excerpts pulled out. On the other hand, the chapter titled “Interrogation” was more conversational. Overall, I’m interested to see where the story will take us.

No comments:

Post a Comment