Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Activist

After reading the first portion of this book I was left feeling confused. At first it seemed as is the author was writing from a stream of consciousness standpoint. However, as I continued to read it seemed like the text was continuously shifting. I think this is an interesting way of writing because it kept me in engaged in the text in order to follow the story. From what I have gathered regarding the story is the narrator was persuaded to place a bomb mechanism under a bridge. Apparently at the end of the first half of the book the narrator has been captured and is being interrogated by the secret service. I feel confused about the text because of how it shifts stylistically. Like I said before, this has its pros and cons. I like it because I am continuously engaged in the text, but also have a hard time following the story because of all the different ways it is being told.

No comments:

Post a Comment