Monday, April 19, 2010

The Activist

The Activist by Renee Gladman, was a suprise to me when I first opened up the cover. I hadn't thought that the book would be written in such a different format from the other books we had read in class. The reading itself was simple due to the way the book was composed, however, trying to understand everything that Gladman is trying to say in the book, is where it becomes difficult. I had to re read things a few times to try and understand the meaning and even then sometimes I wasn't quite sure. It was helpful to discuss what we had read in groups during todays class, and what other people thought about the book and how they interperated the writing. I also enjoyed discussing the ideas of paranoia and perspective both in the text and in comparing the text to the clip we watched in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment