Monday, April 19, 2010

The Activist

I really enjoyed reading the first half of The Activist. I liked how the story was written in a poetic format, it makes the story interesting and easy to follow. I think any other format would have taken away from this story. I also noticed how every other chapter seems to switch format and some have page numbers where others don't. I'm interested to see if this has a purpose in the plot of the story and how it relates. So far, the story reminds me of The Invention of Morel and that story where the guy turns into a beetle because of the relationships between dreams and reality. It is really difficult to tell what is reality in this book not only in the narrator's situations but also in the argument about the bridge; I'm interested to see how the story ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment