Sunday, April 11, 2010

Conceptual Writing

This week we are focusing on conceptual writing. In reading the excerpts for class I thought about what different concepts the authors were writing about. In Goldsmith's writing he focused a lot on so called 'uncreative' writing, which was interesting. This is a concept that I don't think I have ever heard before because I have always thought of all writing, good or bad, as creative in its own way. So to think about writing as uncreative was a new concept for me. I thought that the reading by Goldsmith that was entitled 'Traffic' was interesting because it was like nothing I've ever read before. It had the qualities of a diary but also a timeline of sorts. The piece by Dworkin was a bit confusing and rather boring. I thought that Wagner's piece was also interesting and reminded me a lot of the poetry week at the beginning of the semester in the way that it is written.

No comments:

Post a Comment