Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Uncreative Writing

This week we are focusing on conceptual writing, and last class we talked about things being uncreative. I was interested to see what we were going to read about this week because I like more creative writing rather than intellectual or conceptual writing. It was interesting reading some different things though. I have never really been a huge fan of poetry or pros writing so the readings we did for this class were not as interesting to me. Also we are asked to look up a couple words that do not go together and make a short poem about them, or a flarf poem. This was a challenge for me because I can't even remember the last time I wrote a poem, probably in high school sometime. This is my flarf poem:
The vacation of a lifetime
with all your closest friends.
Trees in the woods grow faster and faster,
by loving the sun.
With every passing day
Family business keeps going on,
through the yellow beams of light.
In the fall, all colors change
because of the time and situation at hand.
Blowing in the wind with all our cares floating by,
the day is almost done.
Our time will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment