Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Activist cont.

I enjoyed "The Activist". I liked how it was written and I liked the possible outcomes of America it brought up. It really reminded me of an pre "1984" condition. What America would be like before a total totalitarian takeover. Although I was confused as to what the group was doing, were they just protesting, like a march, or were they doing a more active protest? I would assume it was more active seeing as everyone was nervous beforehand. The Calvino speech was good as well. I liked when he was talking about everyone trying to find something human in political literature. I also thought it was interesting that the 1968 hippies didn't like the passiveness of political literature and they wanted to take a more pro-active role.

No comments:

Post a Comment