Monday, April 12, 2010

Flarf and an example of my own

The idea of making a genre of writing specified to using technology is an interesting concept and one that I would like to try out. By pulling excerpts from something as widespread as the internet, one can find connections to a variety of things. It is identifying those things, that appeals the most to me. I was surprised when reading through the excerpts I could draw connections to things present in my life to what I was reading despite the vast source that the text was pulled from. Whether it be making a Star Wars reference (“Jedi” in Katie Degentesh’s “The Anger Scale”) or naming a music artist (“Bloc Party” in K Silem Mohammed’s “excerpts from Deer Head Nation and Breathalyzer”) the ability to find such links was refreshing.

Flarf Poem via Google Search Results:

A person who sits on the porch

and what does it mean?

A small child that enjoys being

the term comes from the cultural behavior of

with vodka, grapefruit schnapps and lemonade.

A delicious recipe for,

a term dating back to American 17th century colonial times

Also lists similar drink recipes

and watches the neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment