Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Translations and a Void

A Void, so far has been an interesting book. The whole concept of it really amazes me. In class we had to write a few sentences that did not include the letter "e". I found it to be extremely difficult! Writing an entire book that doesn't have a letter is pretty ridiculous. Sometimes while I was reading, I would find mylself trying to search for the letter "e", which sometimes was a little distracting and caused me to lose focus. When I really got into it though, it was unoticable. When we discussed the book in class, it helped me to further understand why he choose to write such a book. I think that he took literature to a whole new level; he opened the minds of readers and allowed for ones mind to think new thoughts and possibilities. Readers are able to not only comprehend the story itself but to broaden thoughts; much like we did in class while reading the translated writings. The original writing seemed to make more sense, but when thought deeply about the translations, new thoughts came to mind and a new door was opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment