Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Casares, Breton, and Lost

Upon finishing “The Invention of Morel” by Adolfo Bioy Casares, I didn’t know what to think of the novel. The initial excerpt we read was completely thrown out the window and replaced with an entirely different a new interpretation of the occurrences on the island. This also happened in the episode of “Lost” as well when Hurley began seeing Dave again. This served as the climax of the story and threw every other reader (I would assume), and maintains a theme I’ve found in other instances of science fiction as well. That is the only connection from these stories that I’ve found to other science fiction however, most other instances of sci. fi. I have experienced tend to create entire worlds if not universes from scratch, whereas these focus on preexisting events and places.

No comments:

Post a Comment