Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Invention of Morel and Frankenstein

To my surprise, I really enjoyed these two readings. Rarely do I read science fiction such as these two stories, but they both proved far more interesting than I expected. As other people have pointed out, there are definite parallels between the two stories; the way they’re written in a recollection of their experiences, the uncertainty of their own awareness, etc. I particularly liked “The Invention of Morel,” though. At first, I thought the narrator created these people to deal with his loneliness on the empty island. By the middle of the book, I assumed he was a ghost that maybe had unfinished business he couldn’t let go of... his love for Faustine? By then, I had to know the secret behind this mystery and read the book all the way through! The ending is definitely not something I could have ever imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment