Sunday, March 7, 2010

short stories

These three short stories were great, I really did enjoy all of them. I noticed that all of them had to do with work and the (sometimes) boring, androgynous jobs most people have to deal with. It's easy to relate to that because most everyone has had an experience with a gray job. I really enjoyed "The Metamorphosis". It was such an interesting concept for a story. I feel like most of the time when people attempt to have a body changing story they stick with switching other humans, or at least with other mammals. I liked how in "Bartleby..." he always responded with "I would prefer not to". It's not quite outright saying no but still showing discontent with the question or topic at hand. I liked Bartleby's indifference and boring demeanor.

No comments:

Post a Comment