Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Void cont. and Lionnais

I found that I really got into this chunk of reading. The story is starting to get really interesting. It's amazing how someone can do this under such constraints. I've noticed a few reoccurring things in the book. One is the constant reference to a void, I guess I understand the title now. I felt like before it would pop up more dramatized but now it seems to sneak its way into the chapters and into the dialog. Another minor occurrence is the use of the word "notwithstanding". I just seemed to notice it popping up in almost all the chapters, or used multiple times in one. I got a bit confused because it seemed like the narration shifted, it seemed like Olga or Squaw was narrating but I think it was just because they were telling the stories. In Lionnais' manifestos I liked how he compared the begining of works with Chinese box's, it made a lot of sense though.

No comments:

Post a Comment