Monday, March 1, 2010

Things Fall Apart, Part 2

Today, we had to finish “Things Fall Apart” by Chinua Achebe. It didn’t really answer my question (from my previous post) if Okonkwo was going to change with the way his culture traditions are changing or if he was going to fit against it and keep their old traditions. It was interesting to read about his return to his homeland from his motherland and to see how both of these villages are different. After reading this novel, I found the connection between how culture traditions change a lot which is what literature is also doing all of the time. I liked reading this book because I was able to see how the different cultures differed from each other within the book and compare them to how those cultures are different or similar today.

No comments:

Post a Comment