Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Void and Manifestos

The way in which Francois Le Lionnais goes about explaining the Oulipo made me think differently about it. Not only did he explain it in greater depth but he also looked at it in a way in which I had not yet done so. The idea of taking a piece, and stretching it even further, making the limits of the piece exceed what was initially expected is such a neat concept. I can only imagine how gratifying it would be to work on such a piece. From class we had discussed the idea of authorship. There obviously is not too much concern with the authorship of these pieces, as the translation is done but a different person than the initial author. In the past, I never would have imagined such a concept of all of this happening. I enjoy reading something that I feel the author deserves more credit than other pieces of literature. They stretching the lines of the box, and taking it outside the box; it makes the piece much more appreciated by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment