Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Pillow Book, S/Z, and Rewriting

After reading the excerpts from these three works I found myself a bit confused, but also a bit amused and knowing exactly what I was reading. I know this may sound a little like opposite things but this is because I felt differently about these works. After reading the second excerpt from the pillow book I thought that it was an interesting concept of writing like a diary for the public about your everyday observations. One thing that I noticed in this work was that in a few consecutive 'days' or entries the author was making lists of things. After reading the excerpt of S/Z I found myself knowing what this author was talking about, but wondering why we were reading it. The thing that I found interesting about this was that one of the main points in this was that there are many different interpretations of writing. I actually looked up what this entire book was about before reading it because I had never heard of it and wondered if the letters in the title meant anything in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment