Monday, April 5, 2010

A Void

While I read A Void by George Perec, all I find myself doing is trying to find the letter “E” which I know I will not find. In class this week my small group talked about inspiration and what we thought it meant and if Perec was “inspired” to write this book without the vowel “E”. I feel like Perec wasn’t as much inspired but more of like he was trying to reach his own personal goal. I don’t think this book as a ton of meaning but more then what I thought it was going to be. With this being said, I feel like Perec wasn’t inspired as much as he was trying to reach a goal. Being inspired, has no limitations on creativity which is why this book doesn’t have much to say and not a whole lot of creativity within. It was more of just writing a book not using the vowel “E”.

No comments:

Post a Comment